Saturday 15 September 2018

Theatre will always have a special place in my heart



Sushama Sarkar is a bona fide actor in theatre, having worked in the industry for over 18 years. Besides working for her theatre troupe Desh Natok, she also works in tele-fictions and cinema. The beautiful diva has worked in some new projects, which she reveals in an exclusive interview with The Daily Star. 

Which of your television projects are being broadcast at the moment?
Three regular tele-fictions are on-air at the moment: Lipstick on Nagorik Television, Full HD on Maasranga TV and The Good, The Bad, The Ugly on Bangla Vision.
We have heard that you are acting in the film adaptation of BTV's acclaimed serial, 'Gour.' Is this true?
It is. Gazi Rakayet will be directing the movie, which will be made with a grant from the government. We will start shooting for it from next month onwards, and I am very much looking forward to it. The shooting will take place in Dohar.
Are you doing any other films as of now?
I have finished shooting for the much anticipated Dohon, which also stars Siam Ahmed, Puja Cherry and Zakia Bari Mamo. I have also worked on Peyarar Shubash and Roudro Chhaya, directed by Nurul Alam Atik and Bulbul Zilani respectively.
Does your busy schedule allow you to give time to theatre?
Unfortunately, there have been times that I couldn't give proper attention to theatre. However, I have started again and plan to continue with Desh Natok's Nityapuranregularly. Theatre will always have a special place in my heart.
What are your career goals as of now?
I have a lot of dreams. However, I don't want to work in too many projects without ensuring the actual quality of those. At the moment, I want to continue working in television, film and theatre.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular

Sanders censures Russian obstruction in 2020 races

Bernie Sanders on Friday censured Russian obstruction in the 2020 political race, disclosing to Russia President Vladimir Putin that "w...