Monday 12 March 2018

Small films with new directors are reaching out to a larger audience: Rakul Preet



Actor Rakul Preet Singh was brought up in Delhi in a Punjabi family but she didn't lose much time in learning Tamil, once she started taking up films in the southern film industry. While actors mostly go for the easier option of getting their voice dubbed, Rakul took the tougher route. 
"I always feel that there are good people and bad people or a good filmmaker and a bad filmmaker. I have been very lucky to work with teams in Tamil and Telugu films who encouraged me to do better," says Rakul, elaborating on her experience of going to southern film industry after her Bollywood debut, Yaariyan (2014). 
"So, when I shifted to Hyderabad, I decided to learn Tamil. I believe when you are working in an industry which is your bread and butter and, also, fans are giving you so much love, couldn't I learn their language for them?" says Rakul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular

Sanders censures Russian obstruction in 2020 races

Bernie Sanders on Friday censured Russian obstruction in the 2020 political race, disclosing to Russia President Vladimir Putin that "w...