Monday 16 October 2017

Shabnam returning to acting after 18 years



After 18 long years, eminent film actress Shabnam is returning to acting with a mega serial for a Pakistani TV channel. DhakaLive has news that Shabnam is gearing up to appear in a 100-episode mega serial titled ‘Mohini Mansion Ki Sandrila’, which will be directed by Ali Taher. She will play a character named Shabana Jharna in this serial, and the actress has already received the script in hand.
Shabnam, however, was not seen appearing in the film anymore after her last film ‘Ammajan’ directed by Kazi Hayat that was released in 1999. Though she received several proposals for working in the films during this period, she didn’t agree to work in any of the ventures as she found the stories were not unique.  
Shabnam said, “I have waited so many years to act in the country’s films which I expected to be produced with good stories. But it seems my wait will never end. For this reason, it was not possible to act in the film any more after Kazi Hayat’s ‘Ammajan’. By this time, my husband left this world forever. My only son, Roni stays outside the country most of the time. As a result, I have to spend all my time alone, which sometimes very difficult.”
“In the meantime, Ali Taher spoke to me over the phone and also sent script asking me that he needs me by all means for his TV serial. I liked the script too. On the whole, I have agreed to work in the serial. On the other hand, he will take care of my conveniences of all kinds during the production of the serial. So, I will spend busy time now, which I really wanted this way.”
Shabnam will leave Dhaka for Pakistan tonight and will take part in the shooting there for next one month.
To note, Shabnam worked in total 160 films, including 152 Urdu films, 14 Bengali and 4 Punjabi films. Her debut film was a Bengali film. Her first Urdu film, ‘Chanda’ was filmed in Bangladesh.
Shabnam-starrer notable films are ‘Ayna’, ‘Nacher Putul’, ‘Sondhi’, ‘Sondeho’, ‘Karon’, ‘Sohodhormini’, ‘Shorto’, ‘Jogajog’, ‘Juli’, ‘Bashira’, ‘Dil’, ‘Edesh Tomar Amar’, ‘Rajdhanir Buke’ and ‘Harano Din’, among others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular

Sanders censures Russian obstruction in 2020 races

Bernie Sanders on Friday censured Russian obstruction in the 2020 political race, disclosing to Russia President Vladimir Putin that "w...